Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today In Class....

3 posters

Go down

Today In Class.... Empty Today In Class....

Post by Alex Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:27 pm

We wrote an essay about paintball war, BB Gun war, and playing Violent video games.
We read a short report on how parents don't sign disclaimers because the paper says, you are acknowledging that your son/daughter will be engaging in this activity. This could be life threatening and or serious injuries.
And we where debating on weather or not you would let your kids do this activity. So It was interesting to see that most parents in the class agreed that their sons they would, but they wouldn't let their daughters. We also discussed about how violent this game can be. Is it like a gateway to real life gun shooting situations (as they say marijuana is a gateway drug to higher and stronger drugs).

What I thought was....
Physically we are getting painted and might get a bruise here or their.
But what's going on in our brains while we are engaging in this war like violence.
Something ticks in our heads. Weather or not we like it.... or weather or not we will react on it, it happens.
for instance. One night I spent the entire evening playing mario kart... as we all know if you smash into the opponent in front of you, you will get extra bonus points. So after a long night of that the next morning I had to drive home.... it was terrible.... I wanted to smash into the cars in front of me...
What I think happened was Repetition... Brain Repetition, when we are involved in a task that has a lot of repetition we tend to repeat the same actions when we enter back into society. Now I understand not everyone will be effected. Some will play the game and they will be fine the next morning.
How many teens play Call of duty all night long shooting zombie and enemies, come in to school the next day.... Can they easily repeat the same motions they where doing all night long? (not saying your ganna have zombies walk around in your school... that would be cool though). I'm sure most kids will get picked on and be able to handle the situation. But all it takes is one crazy kid with a dad who keeps a gun under his bed. lol.

I thought this was an interesting topic... anyone have anything to add on?
Alex
Alex

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000546218850

Back to top Go down

Today In Class.... Empty Re: Today In Class....

Post by Alex Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Brain repetition... Razz
I was walking home from school and me and my friends being picking plants (herbalist) so we can make cool potions.... We looked like idiots but when we get + 30Luk potions for 30min whose ganna be laughing then....
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Unify Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Alex wrote:Brain repetition... Razz
I was walking home from school and me and my friends being picking plants (herbalist) so we can make cool potions.... We looked like idiots but when we get + 30Luk potions for 30min whose ganna be laughing then....

Nice thread! This was very interesting really. But i think violent video games only effect weak headed kids By that i don't mean stupid i just mean, kids that can't control their impulses.
Unify
Unify
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:35 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167651.html

Pretty interesting.
Tricky
Tricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Although thier study was on a small group of people those are some crazy stats... no wonder why I'm such a crazy driver lol... This explains everything...
I've spent hours and hours glazing at the T.v. night and day racing... Driving like a maniac. What's worse is I played very little need for speed and more GTA where driving over someone to watch the blood squirt is fun Razz

Today In Class.... Gta3_165
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down