Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar is baaaaaaaaaaad!

3 posters

Go down

Sugar is baaaaaaaaaaad! Empty Sugar is baaaaaaaaaaad!

Post by Tricky Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm watching this video for AP Bio. Maybe I'm a little weird, but it's pretty interesting! It explains how sugar (HFCS, sucrose, and fructose in particular) are total crap for your body and is the cause of America's obesity and stuff.

FULL VERSION:

It's 90 minutes long... there's a 'summary' version of it below.

Tricky
Tricky

Back to top Go down

Sugar is baaaaaaaaaaad! Empty Re: Sugar is baaaaaaaaaaad!

Post by Mikey Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Sugar is awesome and amazingly good for you. Awesome source of energy, and a great source of keeping you alive. Yeah HFCS is crap, but you can't just associate it with all sugars.
Mikey
Mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:24 am

Mikey wrote:Sugar is awesome and amazingly good for you. Awesome source of energy, and a great source of keeping you alive. Yeah HFCS is crap, but you can't just associate it with all sugars.

True, maybe I should have made it clear. xD

And it's not just HFCS, it's fructose and sucrose as well. xD
Tricky
Tricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitty Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:22 pm

An essay on sugar

The subject of sugar has been covered intensively by the world press over the past decade. At first glance sugar may seem unenchanting, however its study is a necessity for any one wishing to intellectually advance beyond their childhood. While it has been acknowledged that it has an important part to play in the development of man, sugar is featuring more and more in the ideals of the young and upwardly mobile. The juxtapositioning of sugar with fundamental economic, social and political strategic conflict draws criticism from those most reliant on technology, trapped by their infamous history. Here begins my indepth analysis of the glourious subject of sugar.

Social Factors

There is cultural and institutional interdependence between members of any community. When Lance Bandaner said 'twelve times I've traversed the ocean of youthful ambition but society still collects my foot prints' [1] he created a monster which society has been attempting to tame ever since. More a melody to societies dysfunctions than a parody of the self, sugar is quite good.

Nothing represents every day life better than sugar, and I mean nothing. It has been said that the one thing in society which could survive a nuclear attack is sugar. This is incorrect, actually cockroaches are the only thing which can survive a nuclear attack.

Economic Factors

The dictionary defines economics as 'the social science concerned with the production, distribution, exchange, and consumption of goods and services'. We shall examine the Greek-Roman model. For those of you unfamiliar with this model it is derived from the Three-Amigos model but with greater emphasis on the outlying gross national product.

Indisputably there is a link. How can this be explained? Seemingly the market value of gold looms over sugar this cannot be a coincidence. Supply Side Economic Tax Cuts Tax deductions could turn out to be a risky tactic.

Political Factors

Politics - smolitics! Comparing the ideals of the young with the reality felt by their elders is like contrasting the vote of the man in the street with that of one more accustomed to sugar.

Consider this, spoken at the tender age of 14 by nobel prize winner Achilles H. Amster 'consciousness complicates a myriad of progressions.' [2] This clearly illustrates the primary concern of those involved with sugar. I feel strongly that if politicians spent less time thinking about sugar and put more effort into their family life, that we would have a very different country.

One thing's certain. The Human species liberally desires sugar, and what's more human than politics?

Conclusion

In conclusion, sugar has, and will continue to be a major building block for the world in which we live. It replenishes the self, invades where necessary and is always fashionably late.

One final thought from the talented Sigourney Clooney: 'You win some, you loose some, but sugar wins most often.' [3]

[1] Lance Bandaner - Adventurous Spirit - 1993 See-Saw Publishing

[2] Amster - The Popular Vote - 2002 Worldwide Publishing

[3] It Magazine - Issue 302 - Spam Media Group
Kitty
Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum