Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Programs for digital art

2 posters

Go down

Programs for digital art Empty Programs for digital art

Post by Tricky Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 pm

I don't know if any of you are interested in doing any art, but here's some useful programs and what I think of them in case you are. I'm only linking the official sites that offer trial versions or free full versions, whichever it is.

http://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/
-Paint Tool Sai is the program I as well as many other artists use. It's incredibly useful for both beginners and pros alike. The easy customization and simple layout makes for a very smooth transition from painting with traditional media (acrylic, oil, etc.) to digital art. It's also a great program for just starting with art in general, since it has an intuitive interface, just select the brush and your color, and you're all set. 31 day free trial.

http://www.gimp.org/
-GIMP is apparently also a very useful program to start out with. I know several people who have gotten it because it's a completely free program. While SAI is more geared towards creating your own stuff (but it still can do the following things), GIMP can also be used for image manipulating and editing as well as creating your own original artwork.

http://www.corel.com/
-Corel offers several programs, including a Painter program. I got an older version of Corel Painter free with my tablet (Wacom Bamboo, if you're wondering), and it's got so many different pre-loaded brushes to choose from. You can create your own art, as always, but you can also use Corel to edit an existing image to make it look as if it were painted, done with color pencil, charcoal, etc.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop&promoid=EBYEU
-Adobe Photoshop CS5 is incredibly powerful, the most powerful of all the programs I've listed here (and also the most expensive). I think many professional artists (as well as many of the great artists on basil) use CS5 to create their own stuff. I personally only use Photoshop to touch up my work, since I'm just not used to it. Definitely try it out though.

If you've got any other programs to add, just comment! xP
Tricky
Tricky

Back to top Go down

Programs for digital art Empty Re: Programs for digital art

Post by Unify Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Ohh nice compilation here. Someone should do this for video edditing software and recording software.
Unify
Unify
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:18 pm

Unify wrote:Ohh nice compilation here. Someone should do this for video edditing software and recording software.

Yeah, someone should, especially since I can't get Fraps to work. D:
Tricky
Tricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Unify Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Tricky wrote:

Yeah, someone should, especially since I can't get Fraps to work. D:

omg that someone should be me! I need to contribute to this community. I'll do it!!!

bounce
Unify
Unify
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Unify wrote:

omg that someone should be me! I need to contribute to this community. I'll do it!!!

bounce

Also see if you can add in audio editing programs, the only one I know is Audacity. Smile
Tricky
Tricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Unify Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Unify
Unify
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content